Monday 28 February 2011

its been one of those days...

I have been having one of those days, I have little motivation to be productive and when I tried I struggled! However, life goes on. Its Pap's (my husband's grandfather) birthday, and I needed to make him a card. Now, I have a confession to make, I am REALLY bad at doing man cards! Mostly because I don't really have anything in my stash that is very manly and secondly because I struggle to know what men like on their cards! Anyway, I spend a good 2 hours struggling away and my end result, I have to say I am really pleased with! I think this is going to be a card I am so totally going to make again! Enough babbling, here it is...



HB happy birthday

Stamp Set: Broadsheet Alphabet, Watercolor Vine jumbo wheel (Retired - I would recommend the So Swirly jumbo wheel from the current catalogue instead though if you're interested!)
Ink: Old Olive
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones
Extras: Brown Pen (It was almost a perfect match with the Early Espresso which I wanted to use but don't have a marker in that colour yet!), Jumbo Wheel Handle, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Scallop Edge Punch, Dimentionals

I wheeled out the vine in the background and then stamped HB using the Broadsheet Alphabet and wrote happy birthday underneath. Mounted the Very Vanilla on some Old Olive and Early Espresso and finished off  it off by adding some small delicate stitching lines using a brown pen. I punched out the scallop border and adhered that above the vine border. I popped the HB topper on dimentionals and finally finished it off by adding a couple rhinestones to just add a hint of sparkle! Overall a very simple but I think effective card! Definitely going to be making this one again! 

Well, I think that's about all I have to offer right now although I'm thinking I might battle on and make a few more cards! 

Oh and one last thing, don't forget there's only a few hours left to get your free Sale A Bration set when you spend £45. They're really nice sets so don't miss your opportunity! To see what you can get for free, check this link out! http://www2.stampinup.com/gb/eng/7118.asp If you want one though you only have another 6 hours to put in your order!

Love, 

Amanda xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment