Friday 18 March 2011

i'm addicted to mini's


Botanical Blooms Mini

Stamp Set Botanical Blooms (retired)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi DSP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso
Extras: Eyelet Border Punch

This card is so simple and really elegant! Literally all I did was stamp the flower (I stamped off once on scrap paper for a paler more subtle look) and leaves 3 times on the cardstock base and then punched a strip of Wild Wasabi DSP with the border punch and adhered it to the bottom. It simply gives the flowers a little bit of grounding! 




Thinking of You Ruffles Mini

Stamp Set: So Happy For You (SAB)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive
Extras: Eyelet Border Punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, White Gel Pen

This card was slightly inspired and very loosly CASEd from a card I saw in the current SU ideas book and catalogue. In the card it had several layers on the eyelet border punch layered on top of one another. I was keen to try this, so I punched several strips of coloured cardstock and began playing around. To be honest I felt it was a little too flat how it was, it needed a bit more body and life to it, so I began crumpling, scrunching and distressing the cardstock pieces with my hands. Now I'm happy with it. The thin strip of Pumpkin Pie just helps break up the wide block of Melon Mambo and also just separate the frills from the sentiment slightly as it gives the sentiment something to sit on. I can't help think that it reminds me of those little frilly mini skirts that seem to be the fashion these days! I'm totally loving this card! 


A True Friend is You Friend

Stamp Set: True Friend (retired)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones
Extras: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Dimensionals, 1" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch

Recently, I dug this stamp set out of my stash and have been having fun playing around with it.I stamped the circular medallion on Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry and then punched them out with the circle punches. I stamped the larger medallion stamp from the set in Early Espresso on the Crumb Cake background and then layered the punched circles on top using dimensionals. I finally stamped the sentiment at the bottom, added a rhinestone and rounded the corner. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing more minis! 

Have a fab Friday! 

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment