Tuesday 1 March 2011

today's offering


Just one quick little card for you all today. I needed to send a Wedding Acceptance card to my friend Kathryn's wedding, here's the result! 



Wedding Acceptance


Stamp Set: I{Heart} Hearts
Ink: Old Olive, Versamark
Cardstock: Kraft, Rich Razzleberry textured & smooth, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones
Extras: Dimentionals, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Scallop Edge Punch, Brown Pen (I would have used a Early Espresso pen if I had one at the moment)

I stamped the flourish heart in a border pattern along the bottom of the card and then adhered a scallop trim of textured Rich Razzleberry and a thin strip of Old Olive to section off a portion of the card for my sentiment. When it came to stamping the top section, I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do, I wasnt sure I had the space nor wanted to mirror the hearts along the bottom of the card so opted for simply stamping the polka dot heart in rows, going off the page. I also tried along the left hand edge to stamp some upside down, and it failed miserably, enter my repair job...I stamped the solid heart in versamark on smooth Rich Razzleberry and then the flourish heart in versamark on Early Espresso, layered them over the offending area and added a rhinestone for some sparkle! I also added a thin strip of Early Espresso along the bottom of the card to cover up some white stitching I had tried and decided that it really just did not work! Finally, I rounded the top two corners to mirror the curves of the heart. 

Wow, just looked at how long my card explanation was, I was not expecting it to be that long! I just wanted to explain a little more about some of the things I tried and didn't work and how I resolved them! I usually find, unless I have a definite idea of what the card will look like, a card goes through a process of chopping and changing several times before it is finished and I am satisfied. I know some people like to draw out and pre plan their card before they even pick up a tool, but for me that method just doesn't work. I like to get stuck in, play around, experiment and test what does and doesn't work, something will emerge from the ashes! Also, a card is rarely too far gone to mend and can actually turn out even more beautiful for the accident (I was not origionally intending to add the two addtional hearts and rhinestone to the above card but it really works and has really added a little something extra to the card!). I just wanted to share with you all a little of my though process and show that even creative people struggle and make mistakes, but also share ways in which I fixed those problems! 

Hope you enjoyed my ramblings, 

Have a fabulous evening! 

Amanda xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment