Tuesday 24 May 2011

in-love with in-colour...pear pizzazz

This is the fourth in my series of playing and highlighting the gorgeous in-colours available. This time its Pear Pizzazz! Its quite similar to Certainly Celery which I am already in love with but Pear Pizzazz has a little more depth, its slightly darker and more dusty creating a deeper more intense colour and also making it match up with the dustiness of Blushing Bride perfectly! 


I actually did this card and post a couple weeks ago but am splitting them up, one a week so you all have something to look forward to and something to read when I go away! I hope you enjoy it! Because this was done a few weeks ago I decided to use the current Sketchy Sunday sketch for that week as it was so cute and I was a little lost for inspiration that day! Aren't sketches just a fabulous source of inspiration!?!




Pear Pizzazz Day of Sweetness

Stamp Set: Punch Potpourri
Cardstock: Certainly Celery (I wanted to use Pear Pizzazz but alas I had none!), Crumb Cake
DSP: Pear Pizzazz (6x6 Hostess only)
Ink: Early Espresso, Certianly Celery
Ribbon: Pear Pizzazz Stitched Poly
Extras: Corner Rounder, Brown Pen

I wanted to show off the gorgeous patterns again so thought I'd keep it simple and have the butterflies in different patterns. Unfortunately I don't have the butterfly punch yet so what I did was stamp on the other side, cut out, so when I turned them over you got the shape but couldn't see the stamping...brilliant cheat trick! I am totally tripping on the massive polka dot pattern at the moment so I laid a large slab on the left side, this looks great and also balances out the pattern that is on the right. I added in a little Crumb Cake and Early Esspresso to give the card a lightly more earthy feel and ground all that Pear Pizzazz going on! It is an extremely green card! I finished off with some lovely Pear Pizzazz Poly Ribbon (its so much nicer and yummier than it looks in the catalogue for sure!!). And finally I hand wrote my sentiment with a brown pen and added a little detail to the butterflies! 

Let me know what you think. Are you loving Pear Pizzazz? Or is it all a bit of an over dose on green for you?! Hopefully all being well, and I haven't missed a connection or something else, this should be my first full day in the States, so please leave a comment and give me a little smile for my return to England! 

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment