Saturday 21 May 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 8

We are into another colour challenge! And what a colour combo we have this week! 


I just LOVE these colour! They're so bright and cheerful and summery! I thought I'd try going for a little bit more of a busy over the top card this week, and here we are...




Thanks a Bunch

Stamp Set: Greenhouse Garden, Just Perfect Alphabet
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Versamark 
Extras: Big shot, Scallop Envelope, Crop-a-dile, clear embossing powder, Tombo Mono multi glue

I started off by stamping and embossing the large and small flowers from the Greenhouse Garden set. I cut them out and then curved up the petals to make them look a bit more real. I thought the background was looking a little plain so I used the Daffodil Delight marker to colour in the smallest flower and by colouring in very roughly and not breathing on it to re-moisten the ink gave a more rustic look. I thought it would be cool to attach a scallop envelop to the front with a the greeting inside, giving the receiver some way to interact with the card. I stamped "thanks" using the Just Perfect" alphabet and added it inside the envelope. I attached the envelope to the card at an angle to the card and added the flowers all around to make it look like it was in a bed of flowers. To finish off the flowers I used the crop-a-dile to punch out small little circles and added them as the centres to my flowers. 

Please check out the other design team member's creations at Simply Stampin' Challenge

Today is a big day, my first class is today...I'm feeling a little nervous but I hope it will all go okay! Wish me luck hey? 

Leave a comment, I love reading them! 

Amanda xoxo 

4 comments:

  1. Love your card with the little envie, I have it too after seeing so many lovely projects made with it... but unused as of yet!
    ooopsie!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! you must use it its a wonderful set! I think I'm addicted! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cards!
    but i would love to see some pandas!!
    :D
    hugs and kisses
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, I love the busrt of flowers...x

    ReplyDelete