Saturday 11 June 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 11

Wow, can you believe its week 11 on the Simply Stampin' challenges already?! Can't believe how time is flying by! This week is another colour challenge. The colours are so lovely I have 2 cards this week, one you will get today and the other sometime later in the week! Without any further ado, here are this week's colours and my first card...




Stamp Set: Greenhouse Garden, Fun & Fast Notes
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Concord Crush (6x6 Hostess Only pack)
Ink: Concord Crush, Chocolate Chip
Punches: Eyelet Border, Modern Label, Corner Rounder
Extras: Crimper, Crop-a-dile

This is a really simple card, sometimes simple is the most effective though, right?! A few strips of Concord Crush DSP split up with a little bit of Chocolate Chip cardstock. The eyelet border punch mimics the polka dot DSP. I stamped the sentiment on some Very Vanilla cardstock, punched out with te modern label punch and then sponged the edges to give it a softer look. I stamped and cut out a few small flowers from the Greenhouse Garden stamp set to embellish the sentiment (I think the finished effect it looks similar to a stamp in the Just Believe stamp set - just to prove you can get inspiration from stamps you don't own!) To help marry the sentiment and the strips of DSP (and also to soften the very bold flowers) I punched out dots of Very Vanilla cardstock using the small end of the crop-a-dile and added them to the middle of the flowers. Finally I crimped the edge just to break up the large expanse of Crumb Cake, and then rounded the corners. 

Check out the other design team entries at Simply Stampin' Challenge blog, and please do enter!

Please let me know what you think! Are you a lover of Concord Crush?! I certainly am!

Check back later this week for my second entry! 

Amanda xx

1 comment:

  1. I thought I knew the catalogue like the back of my hand, but have to say, I had to look at the recipe to see what they were. Absolutely brilliant Amanda, and thanks for proving to me, there are lots more things I can order!!!!! Hugs Caroline x

    ReplyDelete