Tuesday 26 July 2011

for rhoda

A couple weeks ago it was my upline, Rhoda's, 30th birthday, so she obviously needed a special card! Unfortunately I didn't have anything with numbers on it, so I improvised and it actually worked even better than I was expecting! Here we go...


30th Birthday

Stamp Set: Slice of Life (Hostess Only), Basic Phrases, Candle Crazy Builder, So Many Stars Builder
Ink: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Perfect Plum, Basic Black
Cardstock: Regal Rose Texture, Perfect Plum, Rose Red, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Punches: Modern Label
Accessories: Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds
Extras: Blender Pen, Jumbo Wheel Handle, Wheel Guide, Builder Spindle and Spacer, Dimensionals, Tombo, Pencil, Black Pen

So I stamped my cake in some Very Vanilla cardstock and the coloured it in with a blender pen. I drew in pencil the 30 on top of the cake so I could get it exactly how I wanted it before tracing over in pen. I added a spot of glitter to the top of the 30 to make it look like burning candles. I ran the builder wheel across some Perfect Plum cardstock, added some satin ribbon in the centre and adhered it to the Crumb Cake base card. I mounted the cake on some Regal Rose and Rose Red cardstock, and adhered to the card with dimensionals. I then stamped and punched out the sentiment, adhered with dimensionals and added a few pearls. I also decided to add crystal effects to the cake stand to give it a little extra glossy shine. I Rhoda liked it! 

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought, I love reading them! 

Come back tomorrow for another card! 

Hugs,

Amanda 

1 comment: