Thursday 27 October 2011

for my bro

My brother is at university at the moment so we don't see much of each other, but it was his birthday on Tuesday so he came home for the weekend. It was great to see him again. Anyway today I just wanted to share the card I made for him and coincidently a new stamp set in the catalogue too! Its a great boy/manish set!!!


Happy Birthday Car

Stamp Set: Happiest Birthday Wishes, Need for Speed
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Real Red, So Saffron, Pool Party, Basic Grey, Basic Black
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pool Party, Whisper White
Accessories: Red Baker's Twine (non-su)
Extras: Stamp-a-ma-jig

A very simple but very fun man card. I stamped the car and then coloured it in with stampin' write markers, and mounted it on a piece of Pool Party. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the happy birthday in a row for a tone on tone background - I thought that it looked a little like a racing stripe - well it was the closest and most appropriate thing I could find. I wrapped some baker's twine around and then adhered the car to the top. 

So, what do you think? Did you enjoy seeing a new stamp? I hope so!! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think! 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda xx


2 comments:

  1. Great card! The little peek of pool party really looks great without taking away from the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought it just needed something to make it stand out and tie in the pool party in the windows!

    ReplyDelete