Sunday 16 October 2011

fun with flames

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a little bit of a thing for fire! Its just so pretty and fun! Anyway I was making a card using the Everything Eleanor stamp set - did I tell you I'm in love with this set at the moment?! So I was making this card and as this set is quite vintagey I thought it would be fun to see what it would look like to start burning away bits of the card and ribbon for a vintage burnt look.


Burnt Eleanor 

Stamp Set: Everything Eleanor, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Big Shot: Vintage Wallpaper
Accessories: Pearls
Ribbon: Crumb Cake Seam Binding 
Extras: Sponge

A pretty simple card of stamping, sponging and layering the various elements of the  card, Its a very monochromatic card - all very brown. I think it really helps all the textures to shine through!
While creating this card i started burning elements of it with a lighter and candle. Love it! Probably not a card I would recommend trying at home - unless you are in a very unflamable place (you can imagine a craft room full of paper and fabric is not the best place to decide to experiment with fire! 

Hope you liked this little experimentation, please do leave a comment. I love reading them! :) 

See you tomorrow for another little creation! 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment