Wednesday 29 February 2012

spring foliage!

Yesterday was Stu's Pap's birthday. Here is the card I made for him - lovely and spring like. The photo looks really light, sorry about that! 


Spring Leaves

Stamp Set: French Foliage, Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess)
Ink: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory

This was a really simple card but I wanted to have a go making a pretty but masculine-ish card using the french foliage set. I think most people look att he set and see autumn but its a versatile set - love it! So I rock and rolled the leaves in So Saffron and Certainly Celery stamping twice before reinking to give more shading and layers. I then stamped 5 leaves on some extra cardstock, rock and rolling in So Saffron, Certainly Celery and very lightly in Wild Wasabi around the edges. I cut these leaves out and adheres them using dimensionals. Finally I stamped the sentiment at the bottom in Wild Wasabi. 
Oh I also stamped 3 leaves in a row on the bottom of the inside of the card but alas I didn't take a photo - it was a nice finishing touch to the card! I hope Pap liked it!

What do you think? Please do leave me a comment, I love reading them.

Happy Stampin',

Amanda xx



2 comments:

  1. What a great way to show the versatility of this stamp set and your colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete