Thursday 12 April 2012

50th anniversary - card 1

Did everyone have a nice Easter? I hope you did! 

I've been kind of quiet on my blog recently, sorry for that! My upline, Rhoda, is down for Shetland on holiday at the moment, its been nice to hang out with her for bit. I've also been spending LOADS of time playing with some stamp sets she brought down for me to play with! Oh yes my life is SO good!! I have tonnes of things to sow you over the next few weeks! Woohoo!

Today I have the first of several 50th anniversary cards I was commissioned to make last month. In total I ended up having to make 7 50th Anniversary cards all for the same couple! Obviously they all had to be special and different. Here's the one I made for the husband to give to his wife.



50 Anniversary Vines

Stamp Set: For my Family, Borderlines
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, VersaMark
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride
Punches: Decorative Label, Itty Bitty
Big Shot: Timeless Type Junior Alphabet
Accessories: Gold Emboss Powder, Pearls, Champagne Shimmer Mist
Ribbon: Very Vanilla Satin

I stamped the vines all over the background, then used the decorative label punch to make a window for my 50. The fifty was gold embossed and then cut with the timeless type alphabet. As this was a very long card I tied some ribbon around the bottom - where the vines didn't reach and below that I added half a decorative label with the sentiment to my wife (just to make it even more special!) The final thing I had to do was add lots of cute little flowers to the card and loads of tiny pearls!! Oh and spritzed it with glittery shimmery gold mist too! 

I really love this card! I hope you like it too. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think! 

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you what I made for the wife to give to her hubby!

Happy Stampin',

Amanda x

4 comments:

  1. Very very pretty. I'm sure that would have been well received. I love the little tiny flowers!
    Can I just say too that I love your new blog page. With my ageing eyes I find it so much easier to read than the previous one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must say its probably my favourite for quite a while - was sad that I had to give it away but glad it was for some special people!!
      Yeah I thought it was time for a bit of a freshen up and change - I'd started spring cleaning the house and thought I'd spring clean the blog too. And make it easier to read :P xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! Love all of the itty bitty blooms on the vines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Am going to miss this vine stamp when it goes at the end of the month! x

      Delete