Friday 13 April 2012

50th anniversary - card 2

As promised here is the 2nd in the series of 50th anniversary cards I was asked to make for the same couple. Yesterday's post as the one I made for Derek to give Brenda and today is hers to give to him. I think that's funny that I made a card for them to give to each other! Anyway I enjoyed the challenge! 

Now I guess usually anniversary cards are a bit flowery and femenine which is okay if you're giving it to a couple but for a wife to give her husband, I needed to make a masculine one! My thinking cap went on and here's what I came up with...



Scallop Circles 50 Anniversary

Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: VersaMark
Cardstock: Confetti Cream, Soft Suede
DSP: Mocha Morning Speciality
Big Shot: Alphabet Simple Numbers, Perfect Pennants
Accessories: Gold Emboss Powder, Champagne Shimmer Mist

I went for a really simple card in the end. I have to admit I wanted to do more, make it more complex but when it came down to it I just had to leave it like this or face ruining it!! I cut the scallop circles from the perfect pennants die in soft suede and mocha morning paper and layered the two on top of one another. I embossed some cardstock with gold embossing powder and then ran it through the big shot to cut out the numbers. I also gold embossed the sentiment below. Like yesterdays I also spritzed it with champagne gold shimmer mist for some extra sparkle! 

I decided not to add Husband to the card (even though I did have a stamp with it on) because it just didn't fit in and I thought it would ruin the CAS card I'd made. What do you think? Think I made the right decision? 

Happy Stampin'!

Amanda x

1 comment:

  1. I think this looks great! CAS, elegant, and perfect for a husband!

    ReplyDelete