Saturday 21 April 2012

simply stampin' challenge week 56

Hi there! 

Okay I'm afraid this is going to be a super speedy post today as its gone 1am and I am shattered and need my beauty sleep so I can make sense at my class tomorrow morning. 

Its Simply Stampin' Challenge time again and this week is a colour challenge - 

Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla


Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist
Carstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette
Punch: Doily Triple Layer
Ribbon: Chantilly Crochet Trim, Marina Mist Taffeta
Accessories: Pearls
Extras: Color Spritzer

So I spritzed the background with the color spritzer and markers and then 
added some doilies over the top - covering a mistake I made. I added lots of pearls and some crochet trim and taffeta ribbon. 

I hope you liked it, I must say I not totally sold on it but I thought I'd just leave it as if I did any more to it I think I would like it even less. So its a bit different from cards I usually make. What do you think? 

I hope to see your creations over on the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog this week! Thanks for stopping by, sorry I'm so brief this week!

Amanda x

6 comments:

  1. I love this card Amanda, it has a really nice shabby chic, bohemian vibe! Pretty and feminine with dainty details.

    By the way, just so you know - in stamping there is no such thing as a mistake, only an embellishment opportunity!

    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you liked it.
      Haha thats brilliant! I will have to remember that for the next time I think I've screwed up a card! xx

      Delete
  2. I really like this card, I think it had a really cute vintage style without looking grungey. Nice to see something a bit different.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doillies make fab flowers and I like your spritzing. Very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love these doilies as flowers :) xx

      Delete
  4. I got the 12 x 12 folders from The Range, and they are only £1 each!! But I've cleaned out my local store at Gosport. I'm hoping they will get some more in, I already need more!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete