Saturday 18 May 2013

Two by Two...

Hello there!

I hope you are having a nice weekend? The weather is a bit glum here, cloudy and cold but the silver lining is, it is dry! I had a little mosey around a craft fayre and plant sale this morning and bought an azalea. Rhododendrons are one of my favourite plants, the flowers are just so gorgeous, unfortunately they're big and I didn't have room for one so seeing as azaleas are like a smaller version, I had to get one for our garden when we got married and moved in to our house. I am sad to say I am really no gardener, things die on me. Anyway, my azalea died and I've had a dead plant in a pot for quite a while now, so I thought I'd give it another go. Wish me luck!

Anyway, enough of my morning's antics. Back in March my friend Lisa had a baby boy, so of course I had to make a card for the new babe. 

I'd recently got the Two by Two stamp, I am so digging the sweet Noah's Ark with all the animals crammed in there. Its just adorable! So I thought I'd make it into a new baby card! 


Stamp Set: Two by Two, Rain or Shine
Ink: Black Stazon, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo, Basic Grey
Cardstock: Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Watercolour Paper
Punch: Cupcake Builder
Big Shot: Labels Framelits, Adorning Accents 

I had some fun with blender pens to colour this in, the watercolour paper really does make a lovely surface to colour on, its thick and holds the ink really well without buckling and pilling! I love that with the use of a blender pen I can colour in with all my ink pads and make it look like a lovely watercolour! 
I thought the hearts would look super sweet on the rain clouds and then I thought how awesome would it beto use the hearts rain drops coming from the clouds, isn't it adorable!?! 

I think what I love most is reversing the matting layer! I often use neutal card for the base and the main focus of the card with a coloured matt but I wanted the clouds and watercolouring to really show up so I reversed the matt. Here the matt is vanilla - love it!!!

Before I go I just have to tell you about my amazing grilled cheese sandwich (I wish I had a photo to show you now!) It consists of buttered bread so it grills nicely in the pan, the inside the bread is smeared with cream cheese, topped with shredded cheddar, fried bacon, tortilla chips, chilli peppers and then more cheddar and another piece of cream cheesy bread! Oh my goodness it was freakin' amazing!!

Hope you're having a great day! 

Hugs,

Amanda x



No comments:

Post a Comment