Wednesday 4 December 2013

Feeling Thankful

Hello there!

Sorry I've been quiet a few days. Things are getting really busy around here. Christmas is only a couple weeks away, there are presents and ornaments to finish making, cookies to bake, the house to decorate, classes to organise...
Not to mention wedding stationary to finish (actually I have just finished the invites today! One huge item to tick off my ever growing to-do list!). And now MOCK GCSEs have begun at the school so I am busy invigillating pretty much every day this week and next. 

Anyway, this past weekend was Thanksgiving - the American folk get Thursday off for it but as we don't here in England we have to hold off and wait a couple extra days to celebrate on the Saturday. Its always as my parents but I do the decorating and bake a couple dishes too. I just thought I'd share a little of our celebrations with you!

The Table - flowers, pumpkins, squashes, dried corn, cranberries and leaves were the centre piece. Oh and of course the pilgrim and american indian.
Place Setting
I used Stampin' Up!'s place setting kit which is in the Autumn-Winter Seasonal Catalogue. It gave everything I needed to make some beautiful and quick settings. All the peices came pre-cut and scored so it was a sinch really. 
Inside the pocket was space for a napkin and a pretty lined sheet of paper to write down all the thing we were thankful for. 
Table favours for everyone. 
I deviated slightly from the kits suggestion here. Included were little cards to write what food it was but the table gets pretty crowded and everything gets passed around I decided I didn't want them. Also I really wanted something nice to pop a few choccies in for after dinner/to take home, so I did a little adapting and whipped these up. 
I did add a couple things that weren't included in the kit - a little Vanilla and Crushed Curry cardstock, a stamp from Trust God, Espresso and Tangerine Tango ink and a bit of doily, plus I used the Artisan Label and Chalk Talk framelits. 
There was LOADS of linen thread in the kit and there were a few other bits that I didn't use so will probably make them into cards when I find a spare moment. 


I LOVED the chalk style banners and the precut flowers were just fantastic! A real time saver and great for the professional look for someone who might not have lots of fancy tools like the big shot! We'll be seeing a lot more of these kits from Stampin' Up! in the future and I personally love it! 

Pretty flowers!!
Pie!!!  Pumpkin (baked by my lovely mummy), Chocolate Orange, and Pecan!! Yum! 
I hope you enjoyed a little taste of Thanksgiving! 

Happy Stampin',

Amanda xx

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful and I love the treat containers! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wao, your decor is so delightful! TFS photos of such a beautiful occasion. Blessings!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete