Saturday 25 January 2014

Floating Hearts

Hello there! 

Just a quiet and lazy Saturday in store for me, a bit of house work, oh and crafting. Plus I might get to hang out with Stuart a bit too! Its been a manic week for him with report writing and parents evening. He's beat! 

I've got another Valentine idea for you today. Well, I say its a Valentine but really it could be used for an anniversary, wedding, engagement...all you have to do is switch up the sentiment!


Stamp Set: Hearts a Flutter, Language of Love, Express Yourself
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Real Red
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe
Punch: Small Heart
Embellishments: Pearls

I'm starting to sense a pattern with quite a few of my card creations of late - floating and falling. I think it adds a beutiful casual and gentle look. Plus, you can't go to wrong as its doesn't require anything to be straight or exact. 

The minimal use of Real Red really pops against the cool Crisp Cantaloupe and Pool Party, especially the sentiment! Love it!

Again, like the other Valentine card in a previous post which also used Hearts a Flutter, a few scattered pearls was all it needed to finish it off. 


I debated cutting up the small hearts on the Lauguage of Love stamp set so I could stamp them individually, flat on the card, but in the end I decided against it, the dimension of the small hearts just adds a great layer here and helps them pop!


No comments:

Post a Comment