Monday 27 January 2014

Inky Fingers Challenge 4

Hello!

Its Monday again! And now its time for a new Inky Fingers Challenge. Its the fourth week in the month so that means its a "Kit" challenge! Julie sends everyone who requests it a kit of goodies to use to make the card. 


Stamp Set: See Ya Later, Express Yourself
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black, White Craft
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Real Red
DSP: Modern Medlay
Punch: Owl Builder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Banner (SAB)
Ribbon: Real Red Taffeta 
Accessories: Antique Brad, Mini Brads
Extra: White Emboss Powder, Crystal Effects

This is actually the second card that I made. I didn't realise I had to use EVERYTHING in the kit, so I merrily went to creating a card that only used some of the bits. I couldn't seem to make the red card and ribbon and the big antique brad work, so I thought I'd just leave it a monochrome, masculine card. 

So I fiished off the card and sent it off to Julie only to get an answer that I hadn't used everything. I was like say what?! That's a lot! I scratched my head and thought hmm, how do I get those bits in?! 


Back to the drawing board I thought I'd have a go at making a more manly Valentine card! (I got Stuart's approval so in my book, its okay for a guy!)

I did the chalk board technique with the sentiment and added the red heart from the owl builder over the embossed heart. The red really pops against the black! What was really baffling me was the ribbon, I didn't want to add a bow because that's not manly apparently. I eventually thought I'd add it as a tiny little strip on the banners.


Actually I'm really please with how this turned out. The red pops and really lifts the card. To make the hearts even more special I added crystal effects. 

Be sure to check out the other design team's creations over at the Inky Fingers blog. 

Happy Stampin',


No comments:

Post a Comment