Friday 31 January 2014

So Thankful PP180

Hey there!

Its Friday!!! How exciting! My bestie, Kathryn and her little boy Euan are coming over this afternoon! It was before Christmas, last time I saw them and she's about to have another baby any day now! Looking forward to a good catch up with both of them. Next time I see her, she'll really have her hands full with two little ones! I can't wait to meet the new little one, but baby, please don't start coming until after today? Thank you!

I've got cute Paper Player's Challenge entry to show you today. Its a sketch this week, and an interesting sketch it was!


I debated for quite a while about what to do with this and then I had a flash of inspiration! Here's how it finished up...


Stamp Set: So Very Grateful
Ink: Black Stazon, Perfect Plum, Island Indigo, Gumball Green, Crushed Curry
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, Window Sheet
Big Shot: Chalk Talk Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits
Embellishments: Island Indigo Chevron Ribbon, Linen Thread
Extra: Blender Pens

So the front is actually a clear window so you can see the pull out card inside. When the card is removed there's a further sentiment behind that! I thought this would work well as the set I wanted to use had 3 sentiments that seemed to work really well as a trio, how do you put a trio of sentiments on a card though without it looking hugely wordy?!


I was showing this card to Stuart and he was like, "oh that's cool, is the pull out piece a bookmark?"... What a wonderful idea! Now you can send a beautiful thank you to a friend AND it includes a thank you gift! Loved that suggestion.

I seem to be really into the blender pen/watercolor look at the moment but don't those flowers look lovely all coloured in like that!?


The fancy edge was cut using just the very end of one of the Apothecary Accents framelit, and the hole is cut with one of those little tag hole framelits that came in the Chalk Talk framelits...I've never had a use for them but they worked out perfectly here! 


I also did a little doctoring on my ribbon - its the chrevron ribbon cut down the centre and then sealed along the cut edge with a lighter so it doesn't fray! Love the effect and the look of the thinner ribbon. Totally going to do that again!


Anyhow, hope you enjoyed this special card.

Happy Stampin',

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a clever idea for the tag and such a beautiful result! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is fabulous. I love the thank you on the inside when you take out the tag. I also love that you paired this with kraft. So glad you shared this card with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Amanda! I love that you used a clear window sheet so you could stamp another image and sentiment inside. Love the bookmark idea, too. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the window concept with the hidden message behind the bookmark/tag! Beautiful card! I am pinning it and will use it in my technique class. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative, Amanda! Love this...congrats on your pick at the Paper Players- you deserved it! Really want to show this to my stamping crew! Thanks for sharing;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever design and a beautiful card and tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so wicked clever and beautiful to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful!! So nice to have gift in addition to a card. Would love any measurements if you are willing to consider sharing. I would love to make one for a new mother who may have some time to read. Thanks for considering. Enjoy your site very much.

    ReplyDelete