Tuesday 11 March 2014

All Gold

Hey there! 

Wow Tuesday already?! I spent yesterday making cards with my card club ladies - a nice chilled out time! And I spent the afternoon using My Digital Studio to do some digital scrapbooking of our holiday to Scotland last summer! Its super easy and fun. If you haven't tried out MDS yet, you can download the program for a free 30 day trial and if you decide you like it you can purchase the program for £13.95! A fantastic deal for all you get! Try it now here.

For those of you who have been following me for a while, you might remember I was inundated with a number of 50th wedding anniversary cards. Seven of which were commissions from friends and family for the same couple so they all needed to be different...if you missed them you can catch up on one, two, three, four, five, six and seven

Brenda was so impressed by them all she asked me to make a few for her friends who were also celebrating their 50th anniversary, most of which were very similar to ones I'd already made for her own. But recently she's asked for another, seeing as its been a while and I've had some time I thought I'd make up a new design. I thought I'd show you my latest creation.


Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Gold Foil
DSP: Gold Foil Vellum
Big Shot: Typeset Alphabet
Embellishments: Gold Baker's Twine, Pearls, Tea Lace Doily

I just HAD to use the gold foil vellum. Isn't it pretty? I carefully added glue dots under the gold foil hearts. I think they look really pretty over the softened crumb cake card base. 


I really wanted to add a little bit of doily - some gold baker's twine and gold 50 just seemed the perfect little combo for the focal point. To finish it off I just added a few sprinkled pearls. 

I just couldn't work a sentiment into the card - thought it'd just totally throw off the aesthetics. Besides, I thought the 50 was enough. I did stamp a Happy Anniversary sentiment inside the card using an old retired set, can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Happy Stampin',


No comments:

Post a Comment