Saturday 29 March 2014

Bubbly Celebrations

Hi! 

So the following blog post was supposed to go out yesterday but by the time I remembered I needed to photograph the card it was too dark, and I'd missed the deadline for adding my card to the Paper Players blog so I just thought as I was so tired I'd have the day off blogging and just get it out today with a decent photo...so sorry for my tardiness, enjoy!

Thank goodness its Friday! Its been a long week and I'm feeling pretty worn out. Yesterday I was not feeling very well at all - the joys of working in Student Services surrounded by kids saying they don't feel very well or telling me they've been throwing up the day before.... wonderful!!

So as a result of not feeling very well I didn't really get much done yesterday when I got home from school and playing Miriam at church for the Bible expo. I did really want to play along with the Paper Players Challenge so I just did something very simple. It was a sketch this week. 


I know that the shapes can be everything and what kept springing to mind was replace the shapes with a spray of flowers but I do a LOT of floral cards and wanted to challenge myself a bit so actually forced myself to keep the circles theme. I thought it could make quite a nice bold masculine card! 


Stamp Set: Remembering Your Birthday
Ink: Basic Grey
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White 
DSP: Kaleidoscope
Big Shot: Circles Framelits
Embellishments: Brights Candy Dots

I think this card turned out quite nicely. I toyed around wit the idea of rotating the sketch to landscape but eventually decided to just keep it portrait. I did think it'd have a bit more of a wow factor by being elongated. 


The sentiment is stamped on a strip which I then cut with the framelits so it'd fit over the centre section of the largest circle. I like that it toned down the big punch of colour and it was also a different way to add a sentiment to the card rather than the banner which I was tempted to do but are quite common these days! 

I added a couple smaller circles that weren't in the sketch just to balance the card out and stretch the circles out across the area more. Candy dots are a nice fin little extra touch.

  
Oh, this got the husband's sign of approval for a "manly" card! 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment