Monday 24 March 2014

My Digital Monday - Happy Life!

Hi! 

Its Monday again! I have a full week, so it should be interesting at the very least! 

So, Monday is the My Digital Monday slot. This week I made a pretty simple scrapbook page. This is actually just a random scrap book page. Its an old photo of Stuart and I from about 6 years ago! We look so young!! 

I wanted to make a spring time page - this is a bit of a different spring look. Instead of peppering it with plenty of colour and using lots of fresh white I thought I'd use a black base. This way all the white and ice-cream colour embellishments would really pop off the dramatic background. 

Also another reason for choosing black is just for the challenge! Generally black is a colour I don't use, its bold and can be quite intimidating. I'm trying to conquer my fear and just try something new! What do you think? Are there colours you're scared of?


My Digital Files - 
Stamp Set: Blossoms Abound
Punch: Get It Done Tag, Square
Embellishments: Paper Doily, Sweet Sorbet, Blossoms Abound


All the flowers and the cute bunting and banner are embellishments - they are pre coloured so all I needed to do was add them where I liked. 

The two sentiments I used were stamps from the coordinating stamp set to the embellishments so they fit together perfectly style wise. 

I added drop shadows behind all of the embellishments and layers so it gives all the elements a little lift - takes 2 seconds but really improves the look at work. 

Happy Stampin',

2 comments:

  1. Great page! The colors really stand out against the black background! Very dramatic effect!

    ReplyDelete