Tuesday 1 April 2014

Mario

Hello! 

How's your week going? I got through Monday, just 4 more working days to go until Easter holiday! 

One of Stuart's little cousins is mad crazy about Mario Kart - literally its the only thing he talks about! So for his birthday last week I just had to make him a Mario card. In case any of you don't know Mario, here's a little pic...



I was a little pushed for time so its a pretty simple card, the stars from Banner Blast came in really handy for adding something else to the background, plus stars are always fun! 


Stamp Set: Remembering Your Birthday, Banner Blast (SAB)
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Crisp Cantaloupe, Early Espresso, Basic Black
Punch: 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Owl Builder, 1 3/4" Circle, 2 1/2" Circle


When I'm making punch art I like to have the picture in front of me, I'll try and break it down in my head, and even draw a picture of all the main shapes to work from. Mario was fairly easy. 


The ears, nose, and eyes are all done with the owl builder - you know I am totally in love with that punch!! Then its just a case of the 1 3/4" circle for the head, the larger 2 1/2" circle for the hat. The hair and tash is just the scallop circle - easy peasy! 

I know its not perfect - if I did it again I'd probably make the head and hat a little larger so there was more space for the facial features. I realised after that I didn't do his blue eyes or his eye brows. Hey ho! 


And a really simple inside finished with a few stars! 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment