Friday 25 April 2014

Sanded Watercolor Wonder

Hello! 

Its Friday! I having another sick day. Still feeling pretty awful! I took some sleeping tablets last night and managed to sleep the whole night through, at least I don't feel quite so shattered and sleep deprived as I have been but still feeling pretty horrid. Anyway, I have a card I made on Monday to share with you today.

I'm loving the core'dinations paper that SU has in the current Annual Catalugue. I think it looks so fun embossed and sanded for a lighter shade beneath. Obviously you could emboss and sand any papers but the beauty of the core'dinations is the different colour under the surface. If you haven't played with core'dinations yet I'd totally recommend giving it a try! 

Now, the thought occurred to me that the watercolour notecards might look quite pretty embossed and sanded, yes its only white under the surface but I had a feeling it'd soften the intense colour and create a pretty effect! 


Stamp Set: Label Love, Pennant Parade
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar
Cardstock: Whisper White, Gumball Green, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Baked Brown Sugar, Vellum, Watercolor Wonder Notecards
Punch: Itty Bitty, Boho Blossoms, Bird Builder, Artisan Label, 1" Circle
Big Shot: Beautifully Baroque
Embellishments: Gold Sequin Trim

I'm super impressed how this has turned out, the card was very pretty but I did feel the colour was super intense so this just added a beautiful soft texture and finish to the notelet. 


I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to add to this background but I knew whatever I did add I didn't want anything that would take away from the beauty of the background. I finally opted for the artisan label which has a pretty shape but isn't too big either.


I decorated it with flowers and cracked out the gold sequin trim which I've been meaning to use for ages! I used the sequins in a scattered fashion as I would have with rhinestones or pearls. The beauty of the sequins is they're a lot more post friendly! 

Hope you enjoyed this today! 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment