Saturday 10 May 2014

Watercolor Bird

Hi! 

Well yesterday was an odd day. Busy day at work, absolutely shattered in the evening but just couldn't get to sleep, think it was gone 5am when I finally managed to get off. Oh dear! 

I got some good news yesterday, the job I applied for at school, well, I have an interview next Friday! Super happy and also very nervous and worried about the entire thing! Eeek! 


Stamp Set: Simply Sketched, Express Yourself
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Gumball Green, Black Stazon
Cardstock: Baked Brown Sugar, Gumball Green, Watercolor Paper, Very Vanilla
Embellishments: Naturals Chevron Ribbon, Antique Brads

I wanted to watercolour the bird - with the aqua painter and a little ink its easy to create a beautiful no mess, no fuss watercolored image. I decded to tear the bottom edge rather than cutting a banner end which seems to be the easy fall back option these days. I also thought it'd be nice to have the matt layer as a strip that just peeked out the top and bottom. 


Now it was despirate for an embellishment and I happened to have the chevron ribbon on my desk and thought that and the antique brads would pair really well with the natural colours of the bird and reeds. 

For some background texture I stamped a side border of leaves and positioned the watercolored bird layer off to one side. 


For a bit of decoration inside I stamped the same branches along the bottom edge. 

Catch you tomorrow for a Simple Sunday card. 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment