Wednesday 25 June 2014

Language of Love Florals

Hey! 

As promised, I'm back today with some details for card I shared yesterday plus another one too! 

Both these cards are using the Language of Love stamp set. Neither are at all romancey - yes I wanted to get more use out of this cute stamp set. You can still order this set which is in the Spring/Summer catalogue until the end of the month. 


Stamp Set: Language of Love, Happy Day
Ink: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Silver Glimmer Paper
Punch: Bird Builder, Small Heart, Owl Builder
Embellishments: Linen Thread, Subtles Buttons

Here I used the sweet little small hearts to make some sweet flowers. I love the patterns on then and look great. I decided I wanted the leaves to have some texture to match the flowers so I used the spotty banner and punched after. I know the banner isn't quite large enough to cover the whole branch but it doesn't look too bad. 

Buttons, a little linen thread bow and glimmer heart are cute finishing touches for this clean and fresh card! 


Stamp Set: Language of Love, Happy Day
Ink: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Silver Glimmer Paper
Punch: Bird Builder, Pansy, Fancy Flower, Owl Builder
Embellishments: Linen Thread, Subtles Buttons

Yes this is quite similar to the other card, same colour scheme, but just using one larger flower. I used the love text heart to make my own pattern paper by nesting the heart together a couple times then punching in the centre. If there's a little overlap, it doesn't matter all that much as the button can cover it. See the image below.


The fancy flower punch is retiring at the end of this month so get in quick if you want it before it's gone for good! Doesn't it layer beautifully with the pansy punch?!

I used the wing from the bird builder to make the leaves. Again button, linen thread bow and a glitery heart are sweet finishing touches.

Hope you're having a great day. 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment